Logic and Computation
Research in Logic and Computation at the Department of Mathematics includes such topics as bounded arithmetic, set theory, algebraic logic, combined logics, temporal logic, kleistic logic, probabilistic logic, quantum logic, computability and complexity in analog and digital computing, physics of computation, quantum computation, and applications to information security.
The faculty members of Logic and Computation belong to the Security and Quantum Information Group (SQIG) and the Physics of Information and Quantum Technologies (Phys-Info), research groups of the Associate Laboratory Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), to the Center for Mathematics, Fundamental Applications and Operations Research (CMAF-CIO), and to the Center for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (CFCUL).
The members of the Logic and Computation area cooperate regularly with the members of information technology areas in other departments of IST, namely concerning the joint PhD Program in Information Security (under the Carnegie Mellon Portugal Program) and the FCT Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information.
Future and Recent Events
- Workshop on Quantum Communications and Cryptographic Protocols, Lisbon, March 30-31, 2017
- Third Lisbon International Conference on Philosophy of Science: Contemporary Issues, Centre for Philosophy of Science of the University of Lisbon (CFCUL), December 14-16, 2016
- Colloquium The Legacy of Claude Shannon, Lisbon, December 13, 2016
- Days in Logic, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, January 28-30, 2016
- GeTFun 2016 - Fourth WS on Compositional Meaning in Logic, Coimbra, Portugal, July 1-2, 2016
- Seminário sobre Cibersegurança: Questões Tecnológicas e Implicações Legais, FCUL, Lisboa, July 2, 2014
- Workshop on Quantum Telecommunications, Lisbon, May 15-17, 2013
- GeTFun (Generalizing Truth-Functionlality - EU FP7, Marie Curie).