Research in geometry at IST includes such topics as symplectic and Poisson geometry, complex, toric and Kähler geometry, geometric mechanics, and non-commutative geometry.
The members of the geometry research group interact and cooperate strongly with members of other research groups in the Department, such as the algebra and topology group and the mathematical physics group.
The members of the geometry research group belong to or are associated with the Center for Mathematical Analysis, Geometry and Dynamical Systems.
Future and Recent Events
- 6th IST-IME Meeting, September 5-9, 2016
- IST Courses on Algebraic Geometry, 2004 - 2015
- Oporto Meetings on Geometry, Topology and Physics, 1992 - 2015
- Conference on Algebraic Surfaces on the occasion of Margarida Mendes Lopes 60th birthday, July 1 - 3, 2015
- IST Mathematics Winter Lectures, February 23 - 25, 2015
- 5th IST-IME Meeting, July 31 - August 1, 2014
- Geometric Analysis Conference, July 7 - 11, 2014
- Lisbon Summer Lectures in Geometry, 2000 - 2014
- VIII Workshop on Symplectic Geometry, Contact Geometry, and Interactions
January 30 - February 1, 2014
- 5th IST Lectures on Algebraic Geometry and Physics, February 7 - 8, 2013
- 4th IST-IME Meeting, September 3 - 8, 2012
Other LinksMembers of the Geometry group are associated or have been associated with the following research networks:
- CAST - Contact and Symplectic Topology, Research Networking Programme of the European Science Foundation (2010 - 2015).
- ENIGMA – European Network in Geometry, Mathematical Physics and Applications, Marie Curie Research Training Network (2001-2009).
- MISGAM – Methods of Integrable Systems, Geometry and Applied Mathematics, Research Networking Programme of the European Science Foundation (2005-2009).
- MASIE - Mechanics and Symmetry in Europe, EU Research Training Network (2001-2005).
- EDGE - European Differential Geometry Endeavour, EU Research Training Network (2000-2004).
- EAGER - European Algebraic Geometry Research Training Network, EU Research Training Network (2000-2004).
- Mathematics Winter Schools
- Geometry Summer School: 100 Years of General Relativity (Summer of 2015)
- Public lectures by José Natário.
- Mathematics and Satellite Orbits, July 2009 (with a video).